Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Gotta Get Better at this blogging every day thing!!!

Sorry I have been a few days blogging. Seems like this whole week has been one thing after another. Of course after the flood in Arkansas I think my phone rang a million times during the weekend wanting to know if I had heard..(I guess my Arkansas friends must think we don't get the news in Texas)...Then, my next door neighbor whom I have known for 30 years and has been one of the best friends I have ever had had a major heart attack and is in the hospital on deaths door :( They are fairly sure this time she is going..and I will miss her so much!!!! She and I have a lot of memories together..which I will blog at a later time when and if she goes. I know it's bad because they have called her son in England..something they have never really done before when she has been in the hospital. She's been in a coma for 3 days ...
Plus Kayla and the kids have been here almost every day this week which takes away from my computer time because I love to spend time with them.

I went to the doctor this morning for him to check my wrist. It's been swollen and I have had a bulging vein in it for a few months now. Kayla made me an appt because she was so worried about it. I told her it was nothing. my hand tingles and itches!! *laughs* he said it was phlebites (I didn't spell that right) and possible carpal tunnel...(well I did use to make my living typing and the computer adds to a lot of typing *laughs*) He gave me some kind of ointment that I haven't been able to use yet because medicaid sux...and for most scripts you have to have a doctors approval on file..I have no idea what it's all about since he wrote the script!! But!! anyway I'll go back to wallyworld tomorrow and see if it's been filled yet. He said if it's not a lot better in the next month to come back and he'll do the nerve testing stuff and they can do that operation for carpal tunnel. I hate that!! I can't be put under because I have adverse reactions to anesthesia so he was talking about some kind of block they do on the arm and then do it. We will have to see because if it has to be done I'll go to Dr. Williams and let him explain it better (he's a general surgeon..a great doctor and a nice man...he took out my gall bladder 15 years ago..that's when they discovered anesthesia and me didn't get along too well at all!!)

Well I guess I better get off here. Hope everyone is having a better week than I am OH and btw, Bill hurt his back over the weekend and cant' walk. His doctor told him he has a strained muscle in his back..gave him flexaril and naproxin and told him to not go back to work till next week :( he's a pain when he feels bad and is home 24/7. ugh!!

Be good and God Bless :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your next door neighbor doesn't suffer much. It sounds so bleak - and waiting for whatever will happen so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to sound crazy, but I've often thought a heart attack would be the way to go. One final surge of life. But it wouldn't be so cool to hang on. I hope your neighbor has a peaceful exit from this crazy life.

    ReplyDelete