Sometimes I think too much. Somethings just irritate the life out of me!! Others annoy me. Lately I've been getting a lot of emails about the illegal aliens. Everytime I get one I want to send an email back asking this person if they have any native american blood in them. If not..are they not here illegally also? As our forefathers stole this land from the Indians, forced them onto reservations and would not let them worship as they wanted, speak their native tongue or anything!! This country was founded on freedome of religion??? Yeah as long as you believed what our forefathers wanted you to. You HAD to believe in God, Jesus. that is a wonderful thing..but to force that on someone? Tell them about God, and then let them come to him. Don't force them!! and taking the Indians land from them!! Heartless!!
Yes I do have native blood in me. My great-great-grandmother died on the Trail of Tears. So yes. But you know I think that even if I didn't have Cherokee in my family, I'd still feel the way I do about this. What our "forefathers" did was wrong. No one thinks about that..except maybe the natives of this country.
I live in a state that was literally stolen from the Mexicans. Texas was part of Mexico. But the Mexicans allowed white men to live here. Then the white men decided they wanted the state. and took it. Yes the Mexicans marched on Texas..but they had told the white men to move on...they had been here long enough! Plus Santa Anna was a tyrant..no doubt. but..this was also a "theft".illegal aliens living in a foreign country.
Oh well..I expect ppl to disagree with me about this. But that's okay. I agree to disagree without fighting or terrible things said!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Making a couple distinctions here -
ReplyDeleteOne, the indians (native americans) had no (known) law or policy regarding "immigration" when "we" first got here - so the first of us weren't "illegal".
Its the "illegal" ones that are upseting folks - most of us are okay with the "legal" ones.
What "we" did to the native americans was inexcusable, illegal (against our own treaties and laws). Of course "we" were so racist we thought the native americans were not "human".
We killed off a huge number of the native americans when "we" sent missionaries to them to "save" their souls (which is even more conceit on "our" part) and those missionaries ended up giving them diseases the natives had no defense again.
My trouble with the "illegals" is that they seem to think the law (our law) doesn't apply to them - and are often breaking the law "across the board" as well as "across the border".
:)
Hey Karla. I am struggling with this on several basis. And I'm going to just be honest with you.
ReplyDeleteBlog is a two way street - at least for me it is. And I struggle when someone disappears and then reappears and yet doesn't seem to give a care about what is going on in my life.
Secondly, I just don't agree with you. I try to never look back. But that is difficult to do. There is no excuse for what our ancestors did to native Americans, or any of the other astrosities of our history - slavery comes to mind. That is history and hopefully we learned from it.
The illegals are just what the name says... they are illegal. We have laws and they are breaking them. And they are doing it defiantly - expecting everything for nothing. All I can say is - maybe we learned something from the Native Americans. Watch out for the illegals.
Other than that - I am glad to see you motivated and hope to see more of you. If you don't mind agreeing to disagree - I am here.