Don't get me wrong..I really do not believe that Mexicans should come here illegally!! I've lived in Texas for 30 years..on and off...and we have always had this problem! heck, 20 years ago I was hard pressed to find a job because I wasn't bilingual..and I thought then how discriminatory..telling me I have to learn spanish to get a job in America!!!! The main reason for the last blog was vent about someone who continuously sends emails about the problem..and honestly I don't believe they even have any idea about how it is..since they live pretty far north!! And how they continuously said This is MY country...I could just think..excuse me? You are a native of this land? I will probably post 2 blogs today as I just wanted to clear this up..No I don't think illegals should be here illegally!! There is a correct way to do this..get a sponser, find a job and learn to speak english..Yes that is the way it should be.
Does anyone even realize the cost of getting here legally though? I have a good friend who now lives in Canada. She married a Canadian. He was going to move to Florida where she lives, but after checking the cost and the laws on immigration..in both countries...they found it was easier and cheaper for her to move to Canada!! So she moved to Canada. She is now a permanent resident. She has a job..fortunantly for her he lives in a non French speaking provence LOL...but still...They really wanted to live in the U.S.....but it was too expensive and too complex!!!
Okay nuff said on that subject!!!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unfortunately, our government makes it very difficult, expensive and time consuming for anyone looking to emigrate to the U.S. I'm not against a fence being built, or tougher law enforcement, but at the same time the immigration rules should be fixed so more people who want to come here, and who are willing to assimilate and become Americans, can come here. Then we won't have so many crossing the Rio, or digging tunnels into CA, or camping in people's back yards.
ReplyDeleteI'm with ChicagoLady on this one.
ReplyDeleteExcept I'm not against some "actual honest to god enforcement" being done, of which I've seen absolutely none of...
The illegals hang out on a corner in town looking for "day work" and the cops will just drive by (on their way to get donuts or something) and do nothing.
*sigh* I can't believe I'm going to ditto them on this but their points (in this entry and the last) have been valid. Have seen the day workers in our area too. I think I have a picture somewhere, I'll have to find it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the friend with the emails and them being so far north.... you'd be surprised how far north this problem extends. You'd have to expect it in my area due to the closeness of the Capitol what with the ambassadors and such. But while hubby and I were visiting in NY a couple years back, the situation was quite prevalant there too... as far in as the central cities in the state. Not sure how much farther in it can be found but it would not surprise me if every state is in the same condition. The farther north you go, the louder the complaints because they ARE that much farther from the border. I suspect that the friend is getting it all from a friend farther south and is doing what they do best.... just pass the info without checking facts or making sure the stuff is actually welcome in your inbox...