When I woke up..I turned on the computer and saw this. My heart fell. Many times in my life I have seen the river rise up and look like the Mississippi churning and running. But never have I seen this!!! If the page loads correctly, the video on that page was filmed on the "camphouse" side of the river..not the "federal" side as we always called it. That first cabin they show (with the swing on the porch) has been there for 50 years. Sad..so sad.
I also, when I was 17, met my "brother" up there. He and his family have remained close to me and my children forever. They now live in Caddo Gap. I have tried to call him many times today but only get the answering machine. So yes, I am very worried about them.
Anyway..gonna go now. Pray for the people who have lost their loved ones and for the ones that are still unaccounted for.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I finally got in touch with Perk and Mona..They are okay. I miss them so damn much!! I wish I lived close to them!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is all so darn sad. As many times as we have camped along river banks over the years, it could easily have been us.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Perk and Mona are ok. Will keep all those who lost their lives and loved ones in my prayers.
I'm glad you family/friends are okay. I'm sure with all the loss (22 people dead, I think I heard in the news this morning) its possible Perk and Mona knew some of those whose lives were shattered. My thoughts are with them.
ReplyDeleteI thought that too Deanna..about the times the river has come up through the night when we have been asleep in that very same campground.
ReplyDeleteI dunno Iggy. If they know them I will know them too. Perk and I haven't been up there since we grew up and his family cabin was sold. Most of the families that went up there 30 years ago have drifted away just as we did. Only thing is that when they do go camping up on the mountain, they go way back in the woods next to the river. If they had been up there, no one would of known and they would of been washed away without anyone knowing..They live off the Caddo now, but high enough that water can't get them. as he said when I finally got in touch with them "Girl you KNOW this river ain't never gonna get me"